I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Special--Day 244

It's Monday. Some days it's tough to pick out the positives especially when I don't get all that I wanted to done. I think sometimes I'd like to look over the positives and dwell on the negative. Well, that's why this blog is here in the first place. I would dwell on the negative way too much. I suppose the positive of my day could be the same old stuff. I enjoy getting Noah up. He's usually standing up or bouncing. Yesterday he was bouncing and saying "Oh yeah." repeatedly. I asked Colton if he had taught him that and he said that he had. It was pretty funny. Maybe I'll try it when no one's around. We had another good day together and the kids came home with good grades. I took Colton to basketball practice and he is improving as are all the kids in at least some small way. Kim had her first Women's Bible study class tonight. She said it went well. Sometimes I think that none of this would've happened had God not revealed himself to me last April. I would not have met so many wonderful people. I would not be helping out in Awana. Kim and I and the kids wouldn't be going to Sunday School. I wouldn't be joining a small group at church either. Kim and I wouldn't have taken Jim's class. I wouldn't have had that interesting conversation with Diane (she's been missing for a few weeks from church. I hope everything's alright). Kim and I wouldn't be trying to regularly read our bibles and we wouldn't be saying prayers every night. I wouldn't think of the Bible as the word of God, but rather a book I should be reading. The list goes on. He did reveal himself to me that night, so all this did happen. My life and my family's life has changed.

One of the more positive moments of the day was reading something Gabrielle had written. She had colored a paper stocking at school. It is mostly green with some red on top. It says:

The best thing about Christmas is knowing that it's God's birthday! Because God is very special person. He died for us and to let us be alive right now. That makes you feel very special knowing that someone died for you. Everyone should believe that! And that is the best thing about Christmas!

by: Gabby

Gabrielle is a very special person herself. I should remind her how special she is more often.

0 friendly remarks: