I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Get well, Clark--Day 247

When you have three children to take care of, are jobless and hear the rumors Kim is hearing in the Flint school system, it's tough not to worry. This is why I like Philippians 4:4-7 so much. Not only does it remind us to bring our request to God, but it reminds us to rejoice, not once, but twice. No matter what happens, we need to rejoice in the wonderful plan He has in store for His children. Adam explained to me how we must always have joy in our hearts. That does not mean we will always be happy, but we will have joy in our hearts knowing the Holy Spirit is residing there. Those verses literally fill my heart with joy every time I read them.

Gabrielle thinks we need to make up a handshake before kisses and hugs at night. We'll work on it, but not tonight. It's too late.

I gave Noah a bath this morning. Here' proof:



I'm looking in the camera. He's making faces at himself.


We had cake and ice cream at Dennis and Jennifer's. It was the same singing, banter, and laughter as the rest of the parties. Everyone had fun. Dennis mentioned something about going down there sometime during the day. I probably should. If it's going to be Bible related, I need to come up with something to discuss other than what we already have. That's going to be tough. I used to have something for Adam all the time, but now that he's not there, I've got nothing to discuss. We differed in some areas, but we did some bonding through our discussions that I found with no one else. Considering how many options there are, that seems odd. Until I'm led to someone else or they're led to me, it's just God and I. That's fine with me.

I'm really praying my friend makes it through everything he's going through o.k. He has two really great twin sons. They haven't been over in a while, but they treated Colton great even though there's about a 6 or 7 year age difference. I think Colton remembers them more than he remembers Clark even though he sees Clark at least once or twice a year. Clark's a great guy, too. Maybe that's why his stroke has upset me so much. Get well, Clark.

0 friendly remarks: