I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bee's Nostrils...again---Day 253

The laughter started in the early morning. I was wasting a few minutes checking out some "flair" on Facebook. I found one that made me laugh and sent it out. As soon a I got up the next morning, the laughter began again. "Again" being the important word here. Noah has improved his pronunciation of many words in the last year or so, but "again" has needed no improvement. He still says it the same way he did a year ago. He says a-GAIN?? in a very adorable way.

Stop the presses. I had to pause in my blog writing to go say prayers. We said them in Gabrielle's room. Colton got up immediately to go to his room, and Noah was sitting up playing with some toys he had grabbed. I kissed Colton goodnight, and laid Noah back down. As I was covering him up, I said "Love you, Noah." As clear as day he said "I love you too." He has never said that before. He doesn't know what that means yet, but that still means a lot. I told Kim what he had said and when she came down she said, with a smile on her face, that he said it to her too.

Back to my "again" theme, Noah says "Again?" before I even get his pants on each morning. He knows that when I pull them up, I lift him up in the air as well. Eventually, he folds his body over my shoulder. On the third or fourth time, he is all the way over my shoulders while I hold him by his ankles. This morning he grabs the back of my pants as I try to pull him back up and won't let go. He let go after a few seconds, but it was funny and I was laughing again. We did that a few times before he was ready for something new.

While playing with him today, he made me laugh out loud quite a few times. We had a good time today. Later on, I checked out Facebook and I had gotten a bumper sticker in Haiku form. It's safe to say the word refrigerator had never seemed so out of place and so funny in my life.

Kim made meatloaf with potatoes and dinner with the fam was great as usual. Soon it was time for Awanas. Allison and I talked all the way there, and most of the way back. She enjoys laughing and makes me laugh everytime we go. Awana was great. Brenda's pretty smile and calm demeanor always begins the night with a relaxing atmosphere...before the chaos begins. Tara went through an amazing 11 sections including rattling off every book in the old and new testament. Trent hadn't been to Awana in three weeks, but was able to do a few verses himself. Caleb was his usual slightly mischievous, but humorous self. All the different personalities bring a smile to my face for one reason or another. There are many great parents out there.

Mental note: no more stuffed animals in Noah's crib. It is very late and he is still up there talking with them all.

P.S. The odd title is borrowed and embodies the silliness of the day. I think of bee's nostrils and I smile. I think of Noah's "aGAIN??" and I smile. I think of trying to say "Irish Wristwatch" and I smile. I think of Kim trying to say "Irish Wristwatch" (Irish Wish Wash) and I chuckle. I think "Refrigerator" and I nearly choke. P.P.S. The number 253 must be off. I will total 365 days in late April, but that is only about 100 days away (253 + 100 < 365). It would help if I wouldn't do things like have two "day 251"s. That's just silly.

0 friendly remarks: