I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Monday, January 5, 2009

So Proud--Day 237

Kim got a call from someone at about 6:15 tonight when Gabrielle was just starting her dinner. I can't remember who called her, but she mentioned something about a ball. Oh no, I thought. Colton has basketball practice at 7. He hadn't had a practice since the week before Christmas. We asked Colton to make himself a sandwich and we were on our way. At the beginning of practice, the coach made a kid a captain who had stuck out to him for one reason or another. He asked him to pick a co-captain by the end of the practice. I wondered how the kid would be able to choose. He'd be too busy just trying to get through the practice. By the end, the coach pulled the kid aside while the rest of the kids got a drink and asked him if he'd made a decision. He looked at the kids as they walked out, thought about it, but didn't say anything. The coach asked if he could make a recommendation. Perry said "Sure." The coach said _______. I couldn't make it out. When the kids came back, the coach asked Perry if he wanted to make the announcement. Perry stood in front of the other kids and said "Colton, you're the man." Colton smiled and looked at me. I smiled back. We talked about it on the way home. He thought it was pretty cool, but he didn't know what he was supposed to do. I told him to just keep hustling, listening to the coach, helping out the other players and stepping up to help out once in a while. He's great at all of the above, so he has nothing to worry about.

Gabrielle got her last Christmas present today. I had ordered her the cookbook she wanted at the last minute after finding it half off at Wal-Mart. She tore open the paper, and after a long process, she decided she'd make some Stuffed Noodles. It tasted like lasagna with extra cheese and was very good. I wasn't home to see her and Kim put it together, but she did a great job.






Noah found the Santa hat and put it on. Merry Christmas!



I found Kim reading the bible by flashlight tonight as the kids had fallen asleep next to her. That's all I need to say about that.

God is good.

0 friendly remarks: