I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's go backwards--Day 243

I'm blogging.

I got a compliment a few minutes ago. Compliments are nice. I've heard from people that have come from out of state that Michigan seems very cynical. When I heard that some time ago, I thought how true that seemed. I was cynical and many people I knew were the cynical type. I fight the cynicism with compliments occasionally. It's nice to see when others have joined the fight. :)

Kim gave me a kiss goodnight after giving instructions on cooking a roast tomorrow. Sounds like fun.

I felt the urge to go tell the kids how much I loved them after they had been in bed 15 minutes or so. They hugged me back (twice) after I had hugged them and given them a kiss on the cheek. They love me too.

We said prayers and the kids headed off to bed.

We played puzzles and read books with Noah. As when Gabrielle and Colton were little, I grab the last piece when they're not looking and when they're looking for it, pull it out from behind their ear. As with the other kids, Noah grabs behind his ear looking for more.

Garrett's dad picked him up. Garrett told his dad our church was different from others. They listened to stories and got to play games. It was good to know he enjoyed himself today. As I've said before on this blog, he's a good kid.

We had pizza for dinner. It was really good. Two mediums are not big enough for this family anymore especially with Garrett over.

We went sledding. It was cold, but we had fun. We only had a couple sleds and no snow board, but we made it work. While I stood at the top most of the time, two of them would sit on one pulling the other sled in a variety of ways. Many of the ways caused wipeouts, but sometimes that seems like it's the best part. Most kids I see get up with a big smile on their face.

I did some stuff on facebook. Wendy and her husband Richard are hilarious. She introduced me to some new Christian music. I'm forever grateful.

I enjoyed church today. During the fellowship time after Pastor Don's sermon, I introduced myself to Jim Priest, the drummer during praise and worship time. I introduced him to Colton and Jim was nice enough to give Colton a try on the church drums. Colton's face lit up when Jim gave him the drumsticks. Colton gave the impression he thought it'd be really difficult (it probably would be), but he came away still wanting to play. Jim really encouraged him to give it shot. Garrett is learning the guitar, so he and Colton are already thinking of names for their band.

I really enjoyed Pastor Don's message and his stories really struck me this week.

I enjoyed I Corinthians 1:2

...those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

and I Corinthians 1:9

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

We are called to be holy, so we should be holy. There are so many little and big ways to help others. Together as a church, as a community and as united individuals, we can change the world one child of God at a time.

Sunday School was interesting. It started out slowly. I wasn't expecting a video. The more the speaker laid the foundation, the more I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to more in the coming weeks. Fortunately for us, the kids enjoy Sunday School as well and Noah is content to play in the nursery. Thank you, God, for that.

We wanted to leave for church earlier than normal, but we ended up leaving at the normal time. We were still there a little early.

There wasn't a whole lot of time to get ready for church, but the kids were fed, Noah gave no hassles, and we were off with time to spare.

I awoke.

0 friendly remarks: