I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fish Lips--Day 36




I'm sure if I documented how many times the kids make me smile in a day, I'd count dozens. Noah was walking around doing the fish lips face. I'd seen it once before I think, but he was doing that while walking around the house. Kids are great. Not just mine, but all of them.

I try to remind myself that this blog isn't just for me and my state-of-mind; it's about noticing all the great little things in life I may have not noticed before without the Lord in my life. It's about noticing all the good in people rather than looking for the bad. Being

...and that's as far as I got.

It was late, and I couldn't figure out how to best put what I wanted to say, so I saved a draft and figured I would come back to it.

Fortunately for me, Pastor Don put it best today. It's about Love. Love for myself and love for others. Love for my kids and love for my wife. Love for my co-workers and love for the church congregation. Love for all the wonderful people in the world and love for my enemies. That is the state-of-mind I need to be in. If I can do that, I can keep my focus on God, who will guide me and use me as another loving person to help others.

Thank you Jesus, and thank you Pastor Don.

Much Love,
Mark

0 friendly remarks: