I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hello--Day 236

Sundays always start out positive.

Kim and I had a short conversation while on Oakwood Road. I told her that people, including myself, tend to remember the bad things that happen to them or the bad things that effected them emotionally. The better stuff does not usually have the same sort of impact.

The positive energy at church is almost intoxicating. There are weak, there are weary, there are those with cancer, those with children in harms way, and those without jobs. Most everyone is able to put on a smile, and why not? We're there to celebrate our Lord. During the first song, I noticed the drummer and remembered what Colton had been saying since he got the drums for Rock Band a week ago: "I want to be a drummer when I grow up." I whispered to him that if he really wants to know how to play, he should talk to the drummer on our praise and worship team. I don't know his name, but I'll introduce Colton to him if I get the chance. After I told him that, he seemed transfixed on the drummer the rest of the time. Each time Colton enjoyed something the drummer just did, he'd look up to me and smile. Ya gotta admit, it does look like he's having a great time praising our Lord over there.

As always, I looked around during the praise and worship time. There were two girls somewhere between 9-11 singing there hearts out. I cannot help but think of the things Diane told me a few months ago. She believes lovers of the Lord should act like Jesus is visible up on stage. If he was, would we stand there, straight as a board, with our hands clasped in front of us? She doubts it, and she makes a good point. Are we singing about Him, or TO Him? The two girls looked like they were singin to Him. It brought a big smile to my face, but my hands remained clasped.

During his sermon, Pastor Don brought up the several new programs that are being started at the church. One of his biggest points is that while the programs are great, they are not what will attract others to God. It is people like Pastor Bob, Dennis and Jennifer, the Maddocks and the McDaniels. So true.

He also brought up how people tend to remember the bad things that happen to them or the bad things that effected them emotionally. The better stuff does not usually have the same sort of impact. I would later ask Kim on the way home if Pastor Don would talk about anything we talked about in the car on the way to church. She said she didn't know, but based on how many times it's happened, it seems likely. It's almost kind of spooky.

After the sermon and communion, Pastor Don came down to say hi to us. To our surprise, he guessed Kim's name was Pam. LOL. I thought he knew.


I said hi to Dave (McCone?) on my way to get Noah. He seems like a guy I'd like to get to know. I talked to Wendy a bit as I picked Noah up. She had a couple cute stories to tell.

I got to see all the members of our table during Jim's class. Besides Wendy, I saw Lisa, said Hi to Sharon as she walked out of the auditorium and said Hi to Jenni after we picked up Noah.

I talked to Jerry about the groups. I'd like to get into the Discovery Group, but I'd like to have Kim's input a bit. I told Fran (with the great new haircut) about my plans and she said "Yeah. That's you." I found that comment interesting.

The last three gifts I've gotten from Kim and the kids have been religious books. I don't want to get away from the Bible, but I want to take advantage of these books as well. I want to take advantage of a couple of other resources available to me as well. I feel as I'm being led in that direction and I did a few things today and last night that will make it easier to do so.

Colton and I made some club sandwiches for lunch today. They were delicious.

I have to believe many people have asked God how he wants to use them. Some probably get firm, immediate answers and others not so much. When I asked a couple days ago, I got a quick answer. I can't really say it was God talking to me. It may have been the first thing that entered my head. On a slightly negative note, I found myself thinking, "But Lord, that's impossible." I caught myself, though. Whether it was just my meandering mind or not, nothing is impossible for Him to accomplish. Thank you Lord, for reminding me of this.

God, please bless everyone in our church. Please relieve them of any major crisis or difficulties in their life. Reside in their hearts and make them whole. I pray that Sharon is made well very soon, and I pray for all of the children at Oakwood. Please help keep their eyes on you for the rest of their precious lives. Bless my family and extended family. Thank you, Lord.

In your son's name I pray, God.

Amen

0 friendly remarks: