I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Moo--Day 251

I've mentioned odd coincidences several times in this blog. Hearing the same joke from two different sources qualifies as a coincidence to me. I was watching a kids show with Noah one morning, and a monkey says (yes, a monkey) "Knock knock." The other monkey says "Who's there?" First monkey: "The Interrupting Cow". Second monkey: "Interrupting Co--" First monkey: "Moo." That was a new one to me. I thought it was kind of funny and told it to the kids later. Colton thought it was hilarious. He had to tell Mom when she got home and she thought it was funny too. I was watching a movie tonight (Half Nelson with Ryan Gosling. Don't bother.) and the main character's sister says "Knock knock." He says "Who's there?" In what seemed like the next 10 seconds, I thought of that joke and how very highly unlikely it was that the next line in the movie would be "The Interrupting Cow." She then says "The Interrupting Cow." I had to laugh.

A 23 year old young man is a billionaire because he knows adults like to keep in touch with friends, find old friends, join groups and generally be as silly as the internet will let them. I joined Facebook in 2007, but never used it. I had read an article about him and Facebook and how he had turned down 1 billion dollars from Yahoo last year. He has sold parts of it, but still owns 20 percent of it. If he sold it now, he'd have $3 billion dollars in his pocket. That's pretty amazing he was able to start this thing from his dorm room. I've started using it recently and had a bit of fun. Kim has joined as well and has found some friends she went to school with. It's a new, small part of our life and we're enjoying it.

I thank God for the strength He gives me through the good and bad times. Right now, I'm looking for more self-discipline in more parts of my life. I have prayed for it, but it hasn't taken hold as much as I would like. I'd like to prove to myself that people CAN change. I'm too old for the military, so if you know where I can get some, please let me know.

God is faithful (Thanks Wendy and Kelly).

0 friendly remarks: