I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Positively Wonderful: Day 1

This is day 1 of my attempt to finding something positive to write every day.

It's interesting being a new Christian. I look at things differently than I did before. A friend of mine at work mentioned the money he won at bingo recently. He won almost $2,000 within the last week, although not all profit. He spends lots of money playing bingo, but wins a lot as well. He mentioned that the money came at a good time since the warranty on his truck just expired and he's had to put a lot of money towards it. I thought "Wow. God is working in his life and he doesn't even know it." That's a wonderful God.

Around 2 years ago, a tumor was found on the brain of our VP of quality at work. A risky surgery had to be done to remove most of it and then chemotherapy was needed to get the rest. He doesn't come by my office too often, but he was by today. He appears more sluggish than he used to be, but besides that, he seems to be the same old Mr. Houser. It's inspirational seeing the strength of the human spirit. I asked about him, and it was good to hear that he has finished chemotherapy and the cancer appears to be gone. Praise God.

Another positive was seeing Colton pitch to batters for the first time today at practice. He threw his share of well placed strikes and a decent share of balls that were no where near the plate. The best part was seeing the smile on his face when the coach asked him to come pitch and then again later on when the coach was complimenting his throws. He's having fun out there and as a dad that wants to see him to do well and have fun, that makes me feel great.

0 friendly remarks: