I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts--Day 12

I had just finished my last blog, when I realized how what I considered my biggest blessings were glaringly missing from what I had been writing. Hardly a mention at all about the family. I suppose I take their greatness for granted. I can honestly say I've spent more time with each of them, though. I believe Kim and I have talked a bit more. And speaking of our talking, I feel she has grown spiritually quite a bit. That's between her and God, but the Holy Spirit seems to have had quite an effect on her through Bible study, church worship, and our friends. I love hearing her thoughts, questions and answers. I think I admire her selflessness the most, but all in all, she makes me a better person and really helps in my endeavor to be be a better disciple.

The kids and I were watching a movie this week, and as I lay there on the couch enjoying the movie, Gabrielle gets up from her chair and lays on the couch directly in front of me. I put my arm around her and we spent the rest of the movie that way. I thought right away that would have never happened had I been sitting in my computer chair. It hits me now how few times that has happened over the years.

I checked out Chris Tomlin's version of "Exalted" on youtube. I like our worship team's version more. Justin seems to like that one and he and the others do a great job with it. There's another song I like but it seems too fast for the congregation, so I tried closing my eyes and saying the words to Him. Gabrielle must have looked up at me during those few moments 'cause she asked why I had my eyes closed. She asked me if I was praying. I suppose I was.

11 or 111 is still my favorite number. I've blogged why, but I still find it interesting where it comes up. I wonder if I had another favorite number, would it come up as much. My friend at work who has recently started going to church was running a prototype part. He told me he had run 111 parts so far in the day. Hmm. We got home from Bible study the other night, and I pulled the van into the driveway, and just before I turned off the van, I look at the miles on it and sort of chuckle. "What?", Kim says. "The miles.", I say. She peeks over from the passenger side and smiles. 111111 Hmmm. I check out the length of a movie I'm watching the same night. 111 minutes. I still get a kick out of Colton's face after I had made a mistake with my deposit slip in the bank. I had asked for $120 left out of my check, but I had read my check wrong and she would be giving me $9.00 less. Fine with me. She counted out the money "Twenty, Forty, Sixty, Eighty, a Hundred, a Hundred ten, $111". "Whoa!", Colton says. I just smile as he tells the teller what all his excitement is about. During one particularly stressful morning, my first measurement of the day was 1.11mm. It literally stopped me in my tracks. I said a small prayer as I usually do. My day seemed to get much better from there. I'll never forget how brightly it shone from my phone as I entered my prayer room 2 years ago. Pastor Dan mentioned the upcoming Good Friday prayer vigil today. I can't wait.

God is good.

0 friendly remarks: