I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in earnest on April 20, 2008. This blog was created to help me take better notice of all the good in the world. I give glory to God for it all.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2

Just like old times. I used to hop on this blog every day, sometimes just before midnight. Again, I've made it just under the wire.

So far, the separation has been pretty easy. Sure the gnawing is there, but watching my favorite show with Kim, catching an old episode of Home Improvement with the kids, getting some reading done, and saying prayers have filled in very well.

The words "Love others as God loves us" ended a conversation today. I've been warned I may have enemies that may seem like friends. "Keep your friends close, and keep your enemies closer" this person said. But these people are not my enemies, I replied. You say that because you do not know them well enough was the retort. Possibly, I remarked, but I try to Love others as God loves us. I was already talking to the back of her head as she continued to work, but there was...silence. It's tough to say something like that without sounding "holier than thou". I mean, how can we really love someone even close to how much God loves us. I must seem crazy to some people. Ah well, aren't we all a little.

Another friend got a call from what may be a future employer. They called and told him to show up at 10:00 on Friday for an interview. He's pretty excited. I'm excited for him. It just so happens that because of the way his work schedule works, he didn't have to work Friday. To me, that's a God thing, but I suppose everything is. I told him our prayers (his mother's and mine) had worked. I told him God had a great plan for him and I felt pretty confident he'd get the job. He asked me to say a few more prayers for him and I have and will. He went to Catholic school for several years, so I wonder where his own faith is.

Another friend of mine is from Tennessee, but he comes up to H & H every week to do some work with us. I've found out this Christian man has been to several countries building houses and other shelter for the less fortunate. It was quite a story to listen to and I must admit that, in a way, I'm jealous. Ah, maybe someday. I found out yesterday that he is also a musician. He plays the drums in a band he has down south. I reminded him today of the cd he promised me. He went and grabbed it from his truck when he had minute and warned me, in his Nashville, Tennessee accent, not to make fun of their country twang and his band in general. I'm listening to them right now and I must say I can't turn the cd off. I haven't listened to this type of country music in forever, but their fun, passionate, Christian sound is great. Them boys can really "pick it" as he would say. Good stuff.

Thank you, Lord, for all the Christian people that keep showing up in my path to you.

0 friendly remarks: